Failed Attempt 1 : Under a Bus
I was studying 5th, learning to ride cycle. I had permission from my dad to ride out but i was restricted not to go beyond our saliya borders (South Saliya, Periya Saliya, Vadakku Saliya, East Single Streets). Namaku thadai podurathukku namma enna odaiya, kaataaru aache, so decided to go till Mayavaram Bus Stand. I went thru Ganapathy Nagar, Sengamettu St so that the possibilites to be caught by appa or relatives or by appa's friends (the villans). If they see me anywhere, they will be like 'Enna thambi, enga intha pakkam?' and they will definitely tell this to appa when they see him.
OK, now that i have reached Bus Stand without any problems, i had the confidence to go some more. I started going towards 'Manikoondu', where there will be always traffic. There was lot of traffic. I could have got down and pushed the cycle, but again ego played with me. What if everybody thinks 'Intha paiyanukku cyclea ride panna theriyathu pola, athaan push pannitu poraann' . Somehow i managed to get to the intersection where buses from Chidambaram turn to get to Bus Stand. I saw a bus coming to make the turn, but i thought i could turn left before the bus turn right. I turned just before the bus and now the bus is behind me, i moved to right to get out of the way of bus. Since i was moving so fast, cycle skidded and i fell down towards bus and hit the side of the bus. I was riding a small cycle, so i almost went under the bus but at the last moment pushed my hands against the side of the bus and fell away from the bus. People in the bus shouted at me. Luckily i didnt get hurt neither my cycle. I was never panicked or scared. I got up, checked my cycle, everything looked fine and started pedaling back home.. and i heard somebody calling me.. 'Thambi.. Thambi..' and i pedaled harder to get away from that voice. Reached home and acted like nothing happened. After abt an hr later, i heard somebody was talking to appa. Its the same voice that called me 'Thambi'... the villan's voice. He was telling appa, 'Sir, thambiya townla paathen.. avarukku adi pattu irukkannu paarunga.. naan avar busku adila poitaarunu nenachen' and explaining the incident to appa better than i could.
After he left, appa got really mad at me and asked angrily 'Yenda cycle eduthutu townku pona?'
Do i really need to say what happened after that?
Fireworks!
Failed Attempt 2:Have you ever gotten hit by a Speeding Car?
I was studying 9th and had tuition every morning. I was late for the tuition and i was riding cycle fast. I had cross this main road to get to my tuition(Namasivayam Sir). At he Sengkaluneer pillayar koil stop, a bus was there and people were getting down from the bus. Usually i wait, but as it was late i decided to go. I crossed the bus ad there was this speeding car trying to pass the bus. The car driver saw me at the last second and he braked but couldn't avoid hitting me. I was hit hard fell down on the road and suddenly there were at least 10 people standing around me. Somebody saying 'Get him to the hospital'. Again this time, i was lucky, i didnt get hurt much, got up on my feet on my own. Somebody asking 'Yen thambi, paathu vara koodatha?' But, i was thinking about going late to the tuition but now i have a valid reason to be late. I noticed that my half-pant(athangaa... drwayerthan decenta sonnen) got torn on the back side.
anga sema vali, little blood and i realized
Nejamaave pinnadi konjam kilinjiruchu
Failed Attempt 3: Jumping from a moving train
This happened at Mayavaram Railway Station. I was studying 7th, my friends dad was working as a Station Master. So we used go to the railway station, go to loco sheds, where they service/maintain locomotive engines. They will be pulling in and out the engines/carriages to/from the platforms. We used to get into the trains and boy, that was really fun. No passengers and just us. Once we got into the train and the train was pulling to a platform from loco shed. When the train reaching the platform i saw a TTR standing in the platform. 'Ayoyo, ticket ketta enna panrathu', so i jumped out of the train with soccer ball on my hand. Hit the ground very hard, but the soccer ball i had took some of the shock and yet again i escaped unhurt!!
Now, thinking about these things, and what i'll be writing shortly(Smoky Mountains, South Dakota etc.,) , i think there is always a good force taking care of me.

every incident is a gem :))
ReplyDeletebtb nothing happened to the car which got hit by you right ;)
Superb :)
ReplyDeletecarry on..
You have got tremendous memory power!